December 2000 Community Calendar - Boone County, Indiana
Send a message to BCCN to add your community event to the BCCN calendar!
S M Tu W Th F S
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Click on date on calendar at left
to view activities for that date
- American Legion, Nicely-Brindel Post 201, Advance, Robert E. Hill, Commander - meets every first Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at Hill's Family Mart, 103 North Main Street in Advance. All legion members are welcome!
- Arc Rehabilitation Services Board of Directors - meet the third Wednesday of every month (with the exception of July and November) at 7:00 p.m. at 825 West Main Street, Lebanon.
- Better Breather's Support Group - Meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria at Witham Memorial Hospital. Educational and emotional support for people living with chronic lung disease. For more information, please call 765-482-8693.
- Boone County Cardiac Support Group - Meets the fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Meetings are held in the cafeteria at Witham Memorial Hospital. Meetings are free and open to the public. For more information, please call 765-482-8693.
- Business Network International - Lebanon Chapter - meets every Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the Comfort Inn in Lebanon. BNI is a networking group made up of local businesses set-up to exchange referrals. To join BNI or to attend one of their weekly meetings, please contact Joanna Howard at 765-483-1970 for more information.
- Boone County Amateur Radio Club - meets the first Thursday of every month at the Lebanon Ponderosa on St. Rd. 32 & I-65. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Our club net is on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. on 147.105+ Mhz., the ARES net is at 9:00 p.m. on Mondays on 147.105+ Mhz., and the YL net is on Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. also on the 147.105+ Mhz. repeater. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boone County Community Health Clinic, Affiliated with Witham Health Services - Located at the Boone County Health Department, 116 West Washington Street, Suite B202, Lebanon. The mission of the Boone County Community Clinic is to provide primary health care to Boone County residents who have limited access to health care due to the lack of financial resources or health insurance. To schedule an appointment, please call 765-482-3942. (Walk-ins are accepted.) Services based on a sliding fee scale. Clinic Hours:
- Every Thursday: 4-7 pm
- 2nd Tuesday of month - Well Baby Clinic: 9-12noon
- 2nd, 3rd & 4th Wednesday of month - Women's Clinic: by appointment.
- Boone County Community Network Board of Directors - meets every other month on the second Tuesday of the month at noon at the Lebanon Public Library. (Next meeting will be in January 2001)
- Boone County Landmarks Preservation, Inc. - meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm at the Lebanon Public Library. "Working to save our historic structures."
- Boone County Senior Services Board of Directors - meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at noon at Ulen Country Club.
- Cancer Survivors Support Group - meets the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Cancer Institute (2505 N. Lebanon Street, #100). For more info contact: Marilyn Rich, R.N. 765-483-7310.
- Children's Mental Health Advocacy Project (CMHAP) Parent's Support Group - A Parent's Support Group for at-risk children will meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at Centenary United Methodist Church in one of the classrooms. Educational materials provided and an atmosphere of confidential concern. We are dealing with children from age 3 up to 25. Please call or email (email@example.com) for more information - Patty Gates (group facilitator - 765-482-0510).
- Diabetes Support Group - meets the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Witham Memorial Hospital Cafeteria (1124 N. Lebanon Street, Lebanon). Contact the Witham Marketing Department for more information at 765-482-8693.
- Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Inc.
- Family Selection Committee Meetings (where people who might qualify for a Habitat home can learn more about the process) - 6:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at Frontier Co-op, 720 West Pearl St., Lebanon, IN 46052.
- General Monthly Board Meeting - 7:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at Frontier Co-op. Meeting is open to the public. An executive session (closed to the public) usually follows the conclusion of the public meeting.
- Jamestown Community Lions Club meets every second and fourth Thursday at 7:30 pm at the Jamestown Pizza King - Meeting Room
- Lebanon Board of Works - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Lebanon City Council - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m.
- Lebanon Community School Corporation Board - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m.
- Lebanon High School Music Boosters - meet on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the LHS Band Room.
- Lebanon Golden K (Kiwanis) - meets every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at English Senior Apartments in Lebanon
- Lebanon Kiwanis - meet every Thursday at noon at the Lebanon Holiday Inn.
- Lebanon Lions Club meets every second and fourth Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Lebanon Elks Club.
- Scribbler's Guild - Lebanon Chapter meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:45 p.m. at the Lebanon Public Library. Thorntown Chapter meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Thorntown Public Library from 7-9 p.m. Newcomers welcome!
- Thorntown Public Library Events - call 765-436-7348 for more information.
- Library Board - meets 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 pm.
- Friends of the Library - meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm. Public is welcome!
- Mystery Coffee Chat - meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Needlework Tea - 3rd Tuesday of each month - 2-3:00 p.m. - Come and help with the quilt on display in the Adult Department or bring your on needlework and spend time with others that enjoy needlework.
- Scrapbook Night - 4th Thursday of each month, 7-9 pm. Bring your photos, clippings, and scrapbook--spread out on our tables and start getting caught up!
- Sugar Creek Historical Society - meets last Monday of each month at 7:30 pm, meetings held at the Thorntown Public Library.
- Thorntown History Worms - meet 1st Tuesday of each month from 3:30 - 4:30 pm at the Thorntown Public Library. All students in 4-6 grades are welcome to come. The History Worms are a chapter of the Indiana Jr. Historical Society. Visit their website at http://www.bccn.boone.in.us/tpl/historyworms.htm for more information.
- Tri Kappa - meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm at the First Baptist Church in Lebanon
- Union Township Parks and Recreation Department Board Meetings - second Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at 9401 East County Rd 200 South, Zionsville Indiana.Residents of the township and public are welcome and urged to attend.
- Western Boone County Community School Corporation Board of Trustees - meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
Events by Date
- Lebanon's First Presbyterian Church, 128 East Main Street, will hold its annual "Presby Pantry" from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Vegetable soup and desserts, both homemade will be served. There will be a bake sale, a craft booth, a next to new sale and a discount gift center where children can shop inexpensively. A gift-wrap service will also be available. Donations of "warm-wear" items (mittens, hats, scarves, thermal underwear, etc.) will be accepted and given to the Caring Center in Lebanon.
- 27th Annual Christmas in the Village in Zionsville from 10 am to 6 pm. Carolers, music, carriage rides, and more. Santa House open from 1-5 pm.
- 27th Annual Christmas in the Village in Zionsville from noon to 5 pm. Carolers, music, carriage rides, and more. Santa House open from 1-5 pm.
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
[BCCN | About BCCN | By-Laws | Membership & Fees | Acceptable Use Policy | Minutes | Board of Directors]
Last updated: 20 December 2000/tlm.
This page maintained by Terry McCain, BCCN.