March 1999 Community Calendar - Boone County, Indiana
It's another exciting month in Boone County!
Send a message to BCCN to add your community event to the BCCN calendar!
S M Tu W Th F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
- American Legion, Nicely-Brindel Post 201, Advance - meets the first Monday of every month at 7:30 p.m. at Hill's Family Mart, 103 N Main Street in Advance. All legion members are welcome!
- Boone County Amateur Radio Club - meets the first Thursday of every month at the Lebanon Ponderosa on St. Rd. 32 & I-65. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Our club net is on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. on 147.105+ Mhz., the ARES net is at 9:00 p.m. on Mondays on 147.105+ Mhz., and the YL net is on Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. also on the 147.105+ Mhz. repeater. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boone County Arc Board of Directors - meet the third Wednesday of every month (with the exception of July and November) at 7:00 p.m. at 825 West Main Street, Lebanon.
- Boone County Community Network Board of Directors - meets every other month on the second Tuesday of the month at noon at the Lebanon Public Library. (Next meeting will be in March 1999)
- Boone County Senior Services Board of Directors - meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at noon at Ulen Country Club.
- Children's Mental Health Advocacy Project (CMHAP) Parent's Support Group - A Parent's Support Group for children with special needs will meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at Centenary United Methodist Church in one of the classrooms. Educational materials provided and an atmosphere of confidential concern. We are dealing with children from age 3 up to 25. Please call or email (email@example.com) for more information - Patty Gates (group facilitator - 765-482-0510).
- Lebanon Board of Works - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Lebanon City Council - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m.
- Lebanon Community School Corporation Board - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m.
- Lebanon High School Music Boosters - meet on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the LHS Band Room.
- Lebanon Golden K (Kiwanis) - meets every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at English Senior Apartments in Lebanon
- Lebanon Kiwanis - meet every Thursday at noon at the Lebanon Holiday Inn.
- Lebanon Lions Club meets every second and fourth Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Lebanon Elks Club.
- Scribbler's Guild - Lebanon Chapter meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:45 p.m. at the Lebanon Public Library. Thorntown Chapter meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Thorntown Public Library from 7-9 p.m. Newcomers welcome!
- Western Boone County Community School Corporation Board of Trustees - meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
Events by Date
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
- Witham Memorial Hospital Jamestown Focus Group - at Witham Health Services of Jamestown office at 7 p.m., 11 East Main Street, Jamestown. 765-676-5754. Jamestown/Advance area residents are encouraged to attend to discuss community health needs. For more information, call the Witham Hospital Marketing/PR department at 765-482-8660.
- Standard First Aid Class - from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm at the Red Cross office; 327 N. Lebanon St, Suite 103. This class provides training in Adult CPR and First Aid. For more information or to register, please call the Red Cross at 765-482-3100.
- Boone Couny Extension Homemakers Women's Day Out - from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Free CPR and First Aid Class for Licensed Day Care Providers - from 8:30am - 5:00pm at the American Red Cross office located at 327 N. Lebanon St., Suite 103. To take advantage of this state grant the child care provider must provide dcumentation that they are a licensed/registered daycare provider. As part of the state grant, child care providers must attend a PDT (preventing disease transmission) class. This PDT class will be held on March 2 from 7:00 - 8:00 pm at the Red Cross office. For more information or to register for this class, call the Red Cross at 765-482-3100.
- Long Term Care Insurance Workshop at Boone County Senior Services, Inc. at 10:00 am. - led by Carolyn Hardville from the State of Indiana Division of Family and Children. Call BCSSI (765-482-5220) to make reservation.
- "The Diary of Anne Frank" - by the Center Stage Community Theatre. Performances will be held on Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and on Sundays at 2:30 p.m., March 12-14, 19-21 and 26-28 on the Square in Lebanon at 202 W. Washington Street. Tickets are $5.00 for students and senior citizens (age 60 and over) and $7.50 for adults. Tickets may be purchased at McDaniel Jewelry located at 225 E. Main Street in Lebanon. Reservations are also being accepted via our CSCT Hotline - 765-483-5050.
- Red Cross Fundraiser - The landmark drama, The Glass Menagerie, introduced Tennessee Williams to the American stage will be presented at the Indiana Repertory Theatre. Tickets for this performance can be purchased from your local American Red Cross. This is a Red Cross fundraiser, and Red Cross will be hosting an hors d'oeuvres and drink reception prior to the performance (6:15 - 7:15) at IRT.
Tickets are: $20 per person (not attending reception), $25 per person (with reception), and $45 per couple (with reception).
This would be a wonderful opportunity for a night out as well as an opportunity to support a local community service organization - The American Red Cross. If you are interested in attending and wish to buy tickets, or if you want more information, please call the Boone County Red Cross office at (765) 482-3100.
- "The Diary of Anne Frank" - by the Center Stage Community Theatre at 7:30 p.m. on the Square in Lebanon.
- CPR Recertification Class - will be held at the American Red Cross office - 327 N. Lebanon St., Suite 103 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This course is for those who hold a current Red Cross CPR certificate. A registration fee of $15 per person must be paid in advance and a current copy of your CPR certification is required. For additonal information, please contact the American Red Cross office at 765-482-3100.
[Community Calendar | BCCN | About BCCN | By-Laws | Membership & Fees | Acceptable Use Policy | Minutes | Board of Directors]
Last updated: 12 March 1999/tlm.
This page maintained by Terry McCain, BCCN.