November 2004 Community Calendar - Boone County, Indiana
Send a message to BCCN to add your community event to the BCCN calendar!
- Alzheimer's Support Group - Provides information and support to person's and cargivers living with Alzheimer's and demenita-related diseases. Third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Meets at the Beck Community Room at Witham Memorial Hospital, 2605 N. Lebanon Street, Lebanon. Co-sponsored by Witham Health Services, Zionsville Meadows and the Alzheimers Association.
- American Legion, Nicely-Brindel Post 201, Advance, Robert E. Hill, Commander - meets every first Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at Hill's Family Mart, 103 North Main Street in Advance. All legion members are welcome!
- Arc Rehab Services Board of Directors - meet the third Wednesday of every month (with the exception of July and November) at 7:00 p.m. at 825 West Main Street, Lebanon.
- Boone County Cardiac Support Group - Meets the fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Meetings are held in the dining room at Witham Memorial Hospital. Meetings are free and open to the public. For more information, please call 765-485-8112.
- Breast Cancer Survivors Support Group - Meets the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Beck Community Room at Witham Memorial Hospital (2605 N. Lebanon St., Lebanon). For information, please call 765-485-8112.
- Business Network International - Lebanon Chapter - meets every Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the Comfort Inn in Lebanon. BNI is a networking group made up of local businesses set-up to exchange referrals. To join BNI or to attend one of their weekly meetings, please contact Joanna Howard at 765-483-1970 for more information.
- Boone County Community Health Clinic, Affiliated with Witham Health Services - Located at the Boone County Health Department, 116 West Washington Street, Suite B202, Lebanon. The mission of the Boone County Community Clinic is to provide primary health care to Boone County residents who have limited access to health care due to the lack of financial resources or health insurance. To schedule an appointment, please call 765-482-3942. (Walk-ins are accepted.) Services based on a sliding fee scale. Clinic Hours.
- Boone County Community Network Board of Directors - meets every other month on the second Wednesday of the month at noon at the Boone REMC Community Room. (Next meeting will be in November 2004)
- Boone County Landmarks Preservation, Inc. - meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm at the Lebanon Public Library. "Working to save our historic structures."
- Boone County Senior Services Board of Directors - meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at noon at Ulen Country Club.
- Children's Mental Health Advocacy Project (CMHAP) Parent's Support Group - This is for parents of troubled children of all ages. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month (no meeting in June, July, and August) at 7:00 p.m. at Centenary United Methodist Church (in Lebanon) in one of the classrooms. Educational materials provided and an atmosphere of confidential concern. Many concerns included - such as mood disorders, behavior issues, substance abuse, etc. Please call or email (email@example.com) for more information - Patty Gates (group facilitator - 765-482-0510).
- Diabetes Support Group - meets the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Witham Memorial Hospital dining room (2605 N. Lebanon Street, Lebanon). Contact the Witham Marketing Department for more information at 765-485-8112.
- Girl Scouts - Sterling Service Unit Leader Meeting - meets the third Monday of every month (except December) from 7-8pm at Boone REMC. Contact
(765-482-4593) for more information.
- Girl Scouts - Sterling Service Team Meeting - meetings the 1st Thursday of every month (except December) from 7-8pm at Boone REMC. Contact
(765-482-4593) for more information.
- Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Inc.
- Family Selection Committee Meetings (where people who might qualify for a Habitat home can learn more about the process) - meets at 6:00 pm on the third Tuesday of each month at the Central Christian Church, 311 E. Main St.(Corner of East Main St, Park St, and Indianapolis Ave.) in Lebanon.
- General Monthly Board Meeting - meets at 7:00 pm on the third Tuesday of each month at the Central Christian Church, 311 E. Main St.(Corner of East Main St, Park St, and Indianapolis Ave.) in Lebanon.
- Jamestown Community Lions Club meets every second and fourth Thursday at 7:30 pm at the Jamestown Pizza King - Meeting Room
- Lebanon Board of Works - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Lebanon City Council - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m.
- Lebanon Community School Corporation Board - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m.
- Lebanon High School Music Boosters - meet on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the LHS Band Room.
- Lebanon Golden K (Kiwanis) - meets every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at English Senior Apartments in Lebanon
- Lebanon Kiwanis - meet every Thursday at noon at the Lebanon Holiday Inn.
- Lebanon Lions Club meets every second and fourth Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Lebanon Elks Club.
- Parent Support Group (sponsored by the Boone County Step Ahead Council) meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm at the Centenary United Methodist Church (910 Fordice Rd, Lebanon). Join us for reading, discussion, sharing of resources and concerns in parenting. Winter 2004 term discussion leader: Melissa Molter, MSW. Group Facilitator:
- Scribbler's Guild - Lebanon Chapter meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:45 p.m. at the Lebanon Public Library. Thorntown Chapter meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Thorntown Public Library from 7-9 p.m. Newcomers welcome!
- Thorntown Public Library Events - call 765-436-7348 for more information.
- Library Board - meets 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 pm.
- Friends of the Library - meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm. Public is welcome!
- Scrapbook Night - 4th Thursday of each month, 7-9 pm. Bring your photos, clippings, and scrapbook--spread out on our tables and start getting caught up!
- Sugar Creek Historical Society - meets last Monday of each month at 7:30 pm, meetings held at the Thorntown Public Library.
- Tri Kappa - meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm at the First Baptist Church in Lebanon
- Western Boone County Community School Corporation Board of Trustees - meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
Events by Date
- Election Day! Please exercise your right to vote! Boone County election results will be posted on the Election area of BCCN beginning at 6 pm.
- Project Literacy of Boone County Literacy Training Session from 6 to 8 pm in the Lebanon Public Library Meeting Room. Come and learn about us: how we work, hear some of our tutors who currently work with students, meet other Literacy volunteers, get involved, no RSVP necessary, just come! There will be some light refreshments too!
- Dallas Brass will be performing at 7:30 pm at the Zionsville Community High School's Performing Arts Center. This internationally acclaimed group plays a great brass band show for all ages. After the concert, the event moves to the Village of Zionsville where Party Patrons stroll to restaurants to enjoy live music and complimentary hors d'oeuvres at Village restaurants; Brix, The Cobblestone Grill, Eagle Creek Coffee Company, il Villagio and The Brick Street Inn. Tickets available August 1. Proceeds will be used by the Zionsville Band & Orchestra Parents (Z'BOP) to support the instrumental music program at ZCHS. For more information, contact
- Tri Kappa's 20th Annual Holiday Bazaar from 9 am - 3 pm at Lebanon High School. There is a $1 admission. Food is available. Proceeds to philanthropic projects.
- Marc Imboden, nationally known singer/songwriter and his band, Years Wages, will be at New Hope Christian Church at 7:30 pm. Marc is an extremely talented musician with a big heart for lifting up God's name through music. His accomplishments include writing the song "You Are Holy" as well as many others. Come join us for an incredible night of worship - no cover charge, no tickets. First come, first serve and we'll take a love offering for this ministry.
- Diabetes Workshop: CrownPointe Senior Living Community is hosting MP TotalCare to provide diabetes information and educational resources. Workshop is 3:00 pm at CrownPointe (located just north of Witham Hospital). Learn about the importance of testing, new meters and technology, and Medicare coverage for home delivery. Public invited. For more information, call 765-482-3436.
- Eagle Township Parks and Recreation Board Public Comment Meeting on Draft Eagle Parks Board 2005-2009 Plan at 7 pm at the Zionsville Town Hall.
- 13th Annual Lebanon Educational Foundation Follies "Down on the Farm." All proceeds from the Follies benefit the LEF mission of promoting excellence in education through the awarding of grants, scholarships and awards within the Lebanon Community School Corporation.
- Zionsville Concert Band Scholarship Benefit Concert at 7:30 pm at Zionsville Performing Arts Center (at Zionsville Community High School). Free concert: audience donations will benefit two new scholarships dedicated to high school students pursuing a future in music. Featured Soloists: Dennis Sizemore, alto saxophone, and Zionsville Brass Quintet Guest Conductor: Thomas Landrum, ZHS Band Director. For more information, go to www.zionsvilleband.com or call 317-727-4667.
- A Tribute to Stan at the Lebanon High School Auditorium at 7:30 pm. This special event pay tributes to and celebrates the life of Stan Dickerson, a long-time volunteer with local theater groups. Dress is casual, and if you have a special memory of Stan, please write it on a 5x7 card or piece of stationery to deposit into a special memory box.
- Garfield's Restaurant Benefit Night for Community Christian Church Crusader's Youth Group from 6-9pm in Lebanon. Crusaders youth group will receive 10% of the sales profit! Proceeds will go toward youth activities and outings. Help the youth group by coming for fellowship and to fundraise.
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
[BCCN | About BCCN | By-Laws | Membership & Fees | Acceptable Use Policy | Minutes | Board of Directors]
Last updated: 19 November 2004/tlm.
This page maintained by