Minutes of the Eagle Township Board & Trustee
10 March 2003
|Present: Judith Essex, Trustee; Board members Linda Kenny, Ralph Stacy and Tom Yeo; Todd Harper with the Times Sentinel
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: The Brick Street Inn, 175 South Main Street, Zionsville, Indiana
The February 10, 2003 minutes were approved with no changes.
- Fire Contract. Judith reported that the contract has not yet been received. Ralph cautioned that certain payments need to be made under that contract. Ralph noted that the town also needs to be reimbursed for one-half of the utilities for the fire station.
- Overlay Area and TIF District. The group reviewed the article from the February 28, 2003 Reporter wherein a TIF district was discussed. Is the infrastructure going to cover fire protection? Ralph recommended that the Board contact the commission and find out how they define infrastructure. This TIF district will increase the need for fire protection services in that area.
- Fire Districts. Judith reported that we will discuss this with Jamie when he returns from vacation.
- Poor Relief Guidelines. Ralph indicated that he has gone over Hamilton County guidelines and made changes. The Board needs to decide whether or not to get reimbursement for SSI reimbursements. Also, Ralph recommended using this years federal income guidelines instead of last years. We are currently using 80% of federal income guidelines, and we may want to consider moving this to 90% or 100%. Community Action of Indianapolis uses 125% for utility assistance. Burials and funerals were previously set at $900. Center Township in Marion County pays $1,600 ($1,000 for funeral and $600 for burial). Ralph noted that this funeral provision has not been used in recent years. The Board also discussed changing the name of the Poor Relief program to Township Assistance.
- Investments. Judith wanted input on what to do with the investments. She will pursue getting a better rate of return.
- Donated Land for Parks. Judith has not contacted folks yet. She is still waiting on some tax information from Linda Kenny.
- Cemeteries. Ralph is looking into some more gravestone repairs at Eagle Village as there is money in the budget for that this year.
The next meeting will be on April 14th at 7 p.m. at the Brick Street Inn. The meeting adjourned at approximately 8:10 p.m.