Minutes of the Eagle Township Board & Trustee
13 May 2003
|Present: Judith Essex, Trustee; Board members Linda Kenny, Ralph Stacy and Tom Yeo; Todd Harper with the Times Sentinel; and Jeff Papa (interested candidate)
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Place: The Brick Street Inn, 175 South Main Street, Zionsville, Indiana
The April 15, 2003 minutes were approved with no changes.
- TIF District. Judith reported that she sent a letter on April 17th to Toby McClamroch. Toby has since talked to Judith and says TIF districts are very flexible and infrastructure can be defined in a number of ways. Betty Lee Cooper also called and acknowledged receipt of the letter.
- Park Board. Judith indicated that Ray Pratt has expressed interest in serving on the Park Board. He lives in Colony Woods and has been in Zionsville for three years. Judith has known Ray since he has been with the State Budget Agency. Ralph suggested that maybe another candidate would be one of the candidates for the Advisory Board position. Ralph reported that he and some others looked at the Turkey Foot Road proposed bridge. The township may assist in this project.
- Budget Approval. Judith reported that she has not yet heard anything on the budget.
- April Expenditures. Judith distributed a summary showing the Trustees expenses for April.
- Ladder Truck. Judith paid $215,250 towards the ladder truck. Nothing further is owed by Eagle Township.
- Fire District. Judith has been wanting to have a meeting on this, but has not yet heard back from Jamie. She has asked Jamie to speak at the June meeting.
- National City Account. Judith has combined the two National City accounts into one sweep account with a little higher interest rate. There is approximately $720,000 in this sweep account.
- Baseline Agreement. Judith sent the agreement to Rob, and he will be sending it back shortly.
- Poor Relief Guidelines. Ralph distributed some information on SSI (Supplemental Security Income), and he also distributed a marked up copy of Hamilton Countys Guidelines. Ralph encouraged the Board and Judith to review the Guidelines and make comments before the June meeting.
- Cemeteries. Ralph, with the assistance of Mark Davis, has identified about 50 gravestones to work on. Mark Davis offered to repair the stones for a flat fee of $100 per gravestone. Ralph thinks its a reasonable fee. Mark also offered to do any veterans stone for free. The Board agreed to go forward and have Mark do the 50 gravestones.
- Board Candidate. Jeff Papa attended the Board meeting and has put his name into consideration for the Board position. The Eagle Township Precinct Committeepeople will meet on May 31st at 10 a.m.
The next meeting will be on June 17th at 7 p.m. at the Brick Street Inn. The meeting adjourned at approximately 8:30 p.m.