Appointed EMA Director by the County Commissioners on January 1, 1999. A 25 year veteran of the Thorntown Fire Department currently serving as Chief. Commander of the Boone County Sheriff’s Department Reserve Program from 1986-2002. Employed by Eli Lilly and Company since 1988 serving as Fire Inspector for Lilly Indianapolis.
Accomplishments and awards include:
- Master Firefighter
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Haz-Mat Technician
- Haz-Mat Instructor
- CPR Instructor for the American Heart Association
- S.I.D.S. Instructor
- 1994 Firefighter of the Year by Boone County Chamber of Commerce
- 1996 Police Officer of the Year by Boone County Chamber of Commerce
Has been with the Boone County Emergency Agency since February, 1999 as Deputy Director. Russ is also involved with: Local Emergency Planning Committee (L.E.P.C.), Emergency Management Representative, Emergency Management Advisory Board. And Served as a Boone County Reserve Sheriff’s Deputy for 9 years, 1991- 2000.
- Incident Management Systems Training
- Damage Assessment
- Basic Storm Spotter
- Anit-Terrorism (Weapons of Mass Destruction)
- CPR & First Aid
- Defensive Driving
- Defensive Pistol & Shotgun
Mark Brown , Deputy Director
Mark has been with the Boone County Emergency Management Agency since February 1999 as Deputy Director. He is a career firefighter with the Lebanon Fire Department and is an Emergency Medical Technician for Witham Memorial Hospital
- Dispatcher of the Year
- EMT of the Year
- Firefighter of the Year
- TERT- Tactical Emergency Response to Terrorism
- Various Haz-Mat courses
- Master Firefighter Strategy and Tactics
Mike Gideon, CERT Coordinator
- Reserve police officer for Thorntown Police Dept. -1992-1997
- Emergency Medical Technician for Boone County EMS -1992-1997
- Volunteer firefighter for Thorntown Fire Dept.
- Reserve sheriff’s deputy for the Boone County Sheriff’s Dept.
- CERT instructor
- Driver for Boone County Special Response Team (SRT)
- Dispatcher for Boone County Sheriff’s Dept.
Chuck Ritz, Public Information Officer & Boone County Communications Response Team
Mr. Ritz is an attorney practicing law in
Joined the staff of Boone County Emergency Management as Administrative Assistant in January 2007.