Boone County REMC Community Room
Monday, November 10, 2003
Pursuant to Notice given all members of the Board of Directors via Electronic Mail, the Monthly Meeting convened and was called to order by John Wallace.
Board Members present were Tom Garaffalo, Terry McCain, Jane Brandenburg, Chad Martin, Randy Parsons and John Wallace.
The group discussed the election returns and election night procedures. Some problems occurred with data coming from the courthouse. All results were available by 7 pm
- Terry brought up some issues concerning our server. The server rebooted it self during the previous week. After investigation, it was discovered that our UPS needs a new battery. Terry decided to replace the battery instead of buying a new UPS. The new battery arrived today. Terry will install the new battery asap.
- A motion was made by Terry and seconded by Chad to reimburse Terry for the battery.
- Randy mentioned that the new Lebanon Municipal Building would have room for BCCN IT equipment if needed.
System Administrators/ Content Report:
- The online version of the Boone County Resource Manual (published by the Step Ahead Council) has been updated.
- The Lebanon Police have a new site at www.lebanonpolice.org. We are hosting the site and using Easy DNS to point the address to our server.
- Two new government sites have been added: Eagle Township Advisory Committee and Eagle Township Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
- Updates have been completed to CFBC scholarship info.
- Pictures of Tablescapes event have been added to CFBC site.
- We have added a site and two e-mail lists for Boone County YMCA.
- LCSC has moved their Web site to their own server.
There was no treasurers report presented due to the absence of Linda White.
- Terry informed the group that an organization named Npower had approached CFBC about non-profit IT needs.
-Chad noted that IHETS is moving the LCSC T1 back to Ameritech. It is currently with AT&T. Chad will keep Terry posted on this issue.
- Randy informed the group that the City of Lebanon is taking a look at offering Internet service via electric lines (power line carrier technology).
- Terry and John informed the group that on-line payment for BCCN memberships and fees is almost ready to go. We may be able to use it for our 2004 billing.
The meeting adjourned at 12:55 p.m.
[BCCN | About BCCN | By-Laws | Membership & Fees | Acceptable Use Policy | Minutes | Board of Directors]
This page maintained by jjw, BCCN.