Lebanon-Thorntown Traction Company
This small company connected Thorntown with Lebanon (10 miles), an important junction on the Indianapolis and Northwest division of the THI&E. The line was opened in July 1905, and throughout most of its history two small Cincinnati Car Company combines provided service on a two-hour headway. The road survived until July 6, 1926. One of its cars was sold to the THI&E , and the right-of -way passed into the hands of the parallel Big Four Railroad. The rail head in Thorntown was on South Market Street just before Main Street (between the current Police station and Chris Cuts barber shop in Market street.)Source Citation: Standford University Press. "The Electric Interurban Railways in America". George W. Hilton & John F. Due. 2000.