May 1999 Community Calendar - Boone County, Indiana
Have you seen any May flowers yet?
Send a message to BCCN to add your community event to the BCCN calendar!
S M Tu W Th F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
- American Legion, Nicely-Brindel Post 201, Advance - meets the first Monday of every month at 7:30 p.m. at Hill's Family Mart, 103 N Main Street in Advance. All legion members are welcome!
- Boone County Amateur Radio Club - meets the first Thursday of every month at the Lebanon Ponderosa on St. Rd. 32 & I-65. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Our club net is on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. on 147.105+ Mhz., the ARES net is at 9:00 p.m. on Mondays on 147.105+ Mhz., and the YL net is on Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. also on the 147.105+ Mhz. repeater. Email: email@example.com
- Boone County Arc Board of Directors - meet the third Wednesday of every month (with the exception of July and November) at 7:00 p.m. at 825 West Main Street, Lebanon.
- Boone County Community Network Board of Directors - meets every other month on the second Tuesday of the month at noon at the Lebanon Public Library. (Next meeting will be in May 1999)
- Boone County Senior Services Board of Directors - meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at noon at Ulen Country Club.
- Children's Mental Health Advocacy Project (CMHAP) Parent's Support Group - A Parent's Support Group for at-risk children will meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at Centenary United Methodist Church in one of the classrooms. Educational materials provided and an atmosphere of confidential concern. We are dealing with children from age 3 up to 25. Please call or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information - Patty Gates (group facilitator - 765-482-0510).
- Lebanon Board of Works - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Lebanon City Council - meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m.
- Lebanon Community School Corporation Board - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m. - meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Lebanon High School at 7 p.m.
- Lebanon High School Music Boosters - meet on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the LHS Band Room.
- Lebanon Golden K (Kiwanis) - meets every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at English Senior Apartments in Lebanon
- Lebanon Kiwanis - meet every Thursday at noon at the Lebanon Holiday Inn.
- Lebanon Lions Club meets every second and fourth Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Lebanon Elks Club.
- Scribbler's Guild - Lebanon Chapter meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:45 p.m. at the Lebanon Public Library. Thorntown Chapter meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Thorntown Public Library from 7-9 p.m. Newcomers welcome!
- Support group for the parents and loved ones of suicide victims. The group facilitator will be Sondra Turner who is a social worker and she will be assisted by Millie Barry, R.N. Both are parents who have lost sons to suicide. The group will meet the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in a Sunday School room at Centenary United Methodist Church - 910 Fordice Road in Lebanon. For more information, call 482-0277 or 482-5606.
- Western Boone County Community School Corporation Board of Trustees - meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
Events by Date
- Adult, Child, & Infant CPR and First Aid Class - from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm at the Red Cross office located at 327 N. Lebanon St, Suite 103. The cost of the class is $40 which includes a textbook. Fore more information or to register for the class, please call the Red Cross at 765-482-3100.
- A series of Public Meetings has been scheduled to discuss the preliminary recommendations of the Central Indiana Transportation and Land Use Vision Plan. Join other citizens in your area and learn about the transportation and land use options highlighted in the Vision Plan.
Cast your vote for how the future of your community and region will look by the year 2020.
7:00 am to 9:00 am - Lebanon City Hall
11:30 am to 1:30 pm - Jamestown Town Hall
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Lebanon Public Library
Hosted by the Central Indiana Regional Citizens League (C I R C L). Light snacks will be provided. Call Jennifer at 877-55-CIRCL for more information.
- The Annual Report to the Community from the Community Foundation of Boone County at the Holiday Inn and Conference Center in Lebanon. Reception 6-7 pm, Program 7-8 pm, Dessert 8-8:30 pm. For more information or to RSVP, contact the Community Foundation (317-873-0210 or 765-482-0024).
- Exploratory Meeting to found a Boone County Humane Society at 7 pm in the Community Building at the Boone County Fairgrounds. Hear a diverse panel of professionals and county residents discuss the current situation and the goals. Share your ideas!
- 6th Annual 5-on-5 Dust Bowl Basketball Tournament - Lebanon Memorial Park Basketball Courts starting at 8 am. Registration fee is $30 per team. Open to ages 14 to adult. For more information or to register, call the Lebanon Parks Department Office at 765-482-8860.
- "An Evening with Philip Gulley" - the annual meeting and program of Friends of Thorntown Public Library. Program will be at Thorntown United Methodist Church, 210 N Market Street in Thorntownat 7:30 pm. Events at the Library following the program: autographing of books (available for sale), refreshments, and plant swap (bring an indoor or outdoor plant; plan to take home several).
[Back to Top of Calendar | Back to Calendar Index]
[Community Calendar | BCCN | About BCCN | By-Laws | Membership & Fees | Acceptable Use Policy | Minutes | Board of Directors]
Last updated: 21 November 1999/tlm.
This page maintained by Terry McCain, BCCN.